to request information & pricing for item 4748D SCOPE
Olympus SZX7 Stereo Microscope
- EP50 camera
- SZ2-STU2 overhanging stand
- SZ2-CLS dual fiber optic light source
- 90-day warranty
The SZX7 stereo microscope features a 7:1 zoom ratio, built-in electrostatic discharge protection, and uses an advanced Galilean optical system for brilliant, highly resolved images. Ergonomic features include easily accessible microscope controls and adjustable eye tubes for comfortable.
The Galilean Optical System (0.8x -5.6x zoom range) in combination with the improved coatings used in our distortion free objective lens series with their large numerical apertures provide the optimal image for any sample at any appropriate magnification.
The ergonomic long tilting trinocular provides an optimized work position by bringing the microscope closer to the user while the extendable eyepoint adjuster provides flexibility for users of different heights. The SZX7 series’ ergonomic instruments reduce stress during observation by providing the most comfortable position for each user, increasing work efficiency. The most frequently used knobs and switches are easily accessible to maximize operator comfort and reduce back strain.
Many inspection tasks require the use of the same zoom magnification setting to ensure consistent and comparable results. The integrated click-stop mechanism provides quick and easy access to this important function. The zoom knob stopper enables the user to accurately choose their desired magnification, and the setting in use is clearly displayed on the front control panel.
About the EP50 Camera:
Breaking away from static microscope labs, the EP50 camera and WLAN adaptor can transform the classroom into a dynamic, interactive space.
- Flexible camera control and viewing options: connect using mobile devices or WLAN-enabled PCs/laptops via wireless or wired LAN connection
- High-quality, crisp, 5-megapixel images
- Fast frame rates enable students to navigate quickly through the specimen
The flexible camera control and viewing options offered by the EPview app software expand interaction and collaboration possibilities:
- Control the EP50 camera using the EPview app for mobile devices or software for PCs/laptops
- Up to 6 users can connect their devices to the same WLAN-enabled EP50 camera
- Access the images of other EP50 cameras in the classroom
- Capture, process, store, and share the EP50 camera's images through the easy-to-use software interface
- Simultaneous live image output via WLAN and HDMI
Lecturers and students can both benefit from the image sharing, viewing, and storage options of the EP50 WLAN-enabled camera:
- Live stream images to a group of students on their mobile devices or WLAN-enabled PCs/laptops
- Display specimen images on a high-resolution monitor, projector, or interactive white board connected to the camera’s HDMI port
- Present Full HD videos
- Connect an SD card and save captured image data for further analysis
Students can experience a digital-image-supported learning process:
- Students can work comfortably on their own or in collaboration, using the camera’s On-Screen Display (OSD) imaging software
- The OSD software is simple and intuitive
- Easily capture, view, and process specimen images and movies
- Save observation data for further investigation on an SD card
About the SZ2-CLS dual fiber optic light source
The SZ2-CLS is an innovative fiber optic light source and an attractive alternative to conventional halogen cold light sources. It is ideal for use with routine “Greenough” type microscopes including any Olympus SZ microscope. The SZ2-CLS is very small and compact and can be fitted to all Olympus stereo microscopes, thus forming a unit. The brightness of the 3 W, high power LED is equivalent to a 30 W halogen lamp, yet it consumes 80% less energy. Another advantage is that the color temperature remains stable when the light is dimmed, and continuous electronic dimming can be affected, from zero to 100%. This powerful light source offers simple operation, excellent performance and value for money.
- LED brightness is equivalent to a 30-watt halogen lamp.
- Neutral white light (approx. 5,600 K) enables reliable observation.
- Maintains constant color temperature even when the light intensity is varied.
- Cold-light fiber-optic illumination minimizes damage to samples.
- 50,000-hour lifetime (approx.) with maximum 6-watt power consumption conserves energy and minimize maintenance.
Our technicians test all equipment to confirm that it operates properly and to the manufacturer’s specifications. While we can’t test for a specific analytical application, we will do our best to simulate the conditions under which the equipment will be run. If you have particular testing requirements or requests, please let us know and we’ll work with you to make sure these requirements are addressed during testing.
The photos above are representative. Please bear in mind that the equipment shown is currently in storage in our warehouse and that in addition to testing each machine we will clean all the equipment thoroughly prior to shipment. We often have multiple units of each model in stock and sometimes we're unable to feature photos of every single unit. At your request, we can provide photos of the equipment in your order after it has been tested and cleaned.
For inquiries about the Olympus SZX7 stereo microscope, please give us a call at 978-521-2221, or fill out the form on this page.