to request information & price
BioRad PTC-200 Thermal Cycler
- Holds one 96- or 384-well alpha blocks
- Heated bonnet lid
- 90 day warranty
The BioRad PTC-200 will meet your needs for a versatile, easy-to-use, reliable, and compact programmable thermal cycler. The PTC-200 is compatible with interchangeable sample blocks (the Alpha block unit family) that accommodate many types of tubes, microplates, and slides. A heated lid warms the samples consistently and provides oil-free cycling. An intuitive software program with easy-to-read interface for quick and painless programming, editing, file management, and password protection. Choice of calculated sample temperature control for highest speed and accuracy, or block control for compatibility with protocols designed for a variety of instrument types. The BioRad PTC-200 also features a space-saving design for easy setup and transportation.
All of the equipment we sell is used and reconditioned. Our technicians test all equipment to confirm that it operates properly and to the manufacturer’s specifications. While we can’t test for a specific analytical application, we will do our best to simulate the conditions under which the equipment will be run. If you have particular testing requirements or requests please let us know and we’ll work with you to make sure these requirements are addressed during testing.
- Thermal range: –5° to 105°C, but no more than 30°C below ambient temperature
- Thermal accuracy: ±0.3°C of programmed target at 90°C, NIST-traceable
- Thermal uniformity: ±0.4°C well-to-well within 30 seconds of arrival at 90°C
- Ramping speed: Up to 3°C/sec for all single- and dual-block Alpha units; up to 1.2°C/sec for the Slide Chambers Alpha unit.
- Sample capacity: Varies with installed Alpha unit
- Memory: 400 typical programs in up to 12 individual folders