to request information & pricing for item 4744W SCOPE
Olympus CKX53 Cell Culture Inverted Microscope
- EP50 Camera
- 10x eyepieces
- 4x, 10x, 20x, and 40x objectives
- 90-day warranty
The Olympus CKX53 inverted microscope delivers stable performance and a comfortable workflow for a variety of cell culture needs, including live cell observation, cell sampling and handling, image capture, and fluorescence observation. The phase contrast system facilitates simple and efficient cell observation for a faster, more comfortable workflow.
The CKX53 microscope fits on a clean lab bench and can be remain there during the UV sterilization process thanks to its UV-resistant coating. The system is about 7 kg (15.4 lb), lighter than the previous model and has a smaller footprint, so it takes up less space in your lab. You can move the microscope with one hand, and it’s easy to carry it by the neck of the observation tube. The base’s sliding pad makes it easy to position.
CLICK HERE to see the Olympus CKX53 cell culture inverted microscope on our YouTube channel
The eyepieces’ 45-degree angle and the placement of the butterfly-shaped observation tube against the stage facilitates ergonomic cell observation, whether standing or seated. The microscope’s width and easily detachable condenser enable you to view containers, such as multilayer tissue flasks, up to 190 mm (7.5 in.) in height
Lift the holder’s arm to manually position culture containers. Expand the stage up to 70 mm (2.8 in.) to the left and right for greater handling flexibility. All the controls, including the power switch, coarse and fine focus, and the knob for switching the light path, are ergonomically located for easy access and reduced user fatigue.
About the objectives:
- Efficiently screen for desired cells thanks to the ring slit for the PLN2X objective, which offers a 22 mm field of view and an 11 mm diameter
- 2X objective provides noticeably higher contrast than other objectives, so even transparent objects in the sample can be clearly identified
- Wide visual field makes it easy to observe the cells in individual wells of a 96-well plate without moving the stage
- The PLCN4X objective’s depth of focus makes it easy to observe cells in the two bottom layers of a multilayer flask
About the EP50 Camera:
Breaking away from static microscope labs, the EP50 camera and WLAN adaptor can transform the classroom into a dynamic, interactive space.
- Flexible camera control and viewing options: connect using mobile devices or WLAN-enabled PCs/laptops via wireless or wired LAN connection
- High-quality, crisp, 5-megapixel images
- Fast frame rates enable students to navigate quickly through the specimen
The flexible camera control and viewing options offered by the EPview app software expand interaction and collaboration possibilities:
- Control the EP50 camera using the EPview app for mobile devices or software for PCs/laptops
- Up to 6 users can connect their devices to the same WLAN-enabled EP50 camera
- Access the images of other EP50 cameras in the classroom
- Capture, process, store, and share the EP50 camera's images through the easy-to-use software interface
- Simultaneous live image output via WLAN and HDMI
Lecturers and students can both benefit from the image sharing, viewing, and storage options of the EP50 WLAN-enabled camera:
- Live stream images to a group of students on their mobile devices or WLAN-enabled PCs/laptops
- Display specimen images on a high-resolution monitor, projector, or interactive white board connected to the camera’s HDMI port
- Present Full HD videos
- Connect an SD card and save captured image data for further analysis
Students can experience a digital-image-supported learning process:
- Students can work comfortably on their own or in collaboration, using the camera’s On-Screen Display (OSD) imaging software
- The OSD software is simple and intuitive
- Easily capture, view, and process specimen images and movies
- Save observation data for further investigation on an SD card
Our technicians test all equipment to confirm that it operates properly and to the manufacturer’s specifications. While we can’t test for a specific analytical application, we will do our best to simulate the conditions under which the equipment will be run. If you have particular testing requirements or requests, please let us know and we’ll work with you to make sure these requirements are addressed during testing.
The photos above are representative. Please bear in mind that the equipment shown is currently in storage in our warehouse and that in addition to testing each machine we will clean all the equipment thoroughly prior to shipment. We often have multiple units of each model in stock and sometimes we're unable to feature photos of every single unit. At your request, we can provide photos of the equipment in your order after it has been tested and cleaned.
For inquiries about the Olympus CKX53 Cell Culture Inverted Microscope, please give us a call at 978-521-2221, or fill out the form on this page.